Friday, January 24, 2014

Milestones: 8 Million Views and One Man's Collection

Zach Augustine
I am amazed my blog Male Models Vintage Beefcake has surpassed eight million views.

In January, 2009, I started it to share my collection of vintage beefcake photographs with like-minded enthusiasts.

3,742 blog posts later, I'm delighted by the letters and emails of appreciation from new and old fans, by the numerous collections and books generously shared with me, and by the personal stories related to me by men who clandestinely collected physique photographs and magazines in the 1950's and '60's, when possessing images of nude men was not only illegal in the United States, but would almost certainly guarantee a gay man losing his job and his social standing in his community and church.

In this post on my blog Male Models Vintage Beefcake, you can read about my work on the book, One Man's Collection, with Zach Augustine to tell the story of an unknown man, whose hidden collection of superb vintage beefcake photographs was very nearly sent to a landfill after his death.

Handling, organizing and scanning the images of One Man's Collection has been one of my chief pleasures resulting from Male Models Vintage Beefcake. I've not seen anywhere else many of these photographs.

Zach has been the collection's careful custodian for more than twenty years. I know the book's design could not be in more capable hands than his, as we ready our book for publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment