Thursday, November 17, 2011

I was a Video Producer in the Fashion Industry

From February, 2008 to February, 2010, I was the producer of online videos and website content at Winston Retail Solutions, which has become an industry leader in its niche in the fashion industry.

I produced, directed, edited in Final Cut Studio and sometimes wrote online videos, which were client introductions, product delivery introductions and training/instructionals.

I wrote voice-over scripts to PowerPoint presentations, which I also produced, directed, recorded and edited into online tutorials.

I edited, proofed, and wrote, as necessary, then converted into HTML the content of its internal website used by more than 600 employees and contractors across the United States.

Premium clients with whom I worked included American Living, Apple Bottoms, Ben Sherman, Bootheel Trading Co. (Sheryl Crow), Carhartt, Chaps, Coast, Converse, Converse by John Varvatos, Dickies, Dockers, Ecko Red, Emporio Armani, Harley, Hot Sox, Hugo Boss, Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Lucky Brand, Luxottica, Mavi, Nike, Not Your Daughter’s Jeans, Silver Jeans, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Timberland, Tumi, and William Rast (Justin Timberlake).

While there, I worked in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Apple Final Cut Studio and Techsmith Camtasia Studio.

I honed my skills as a copy and script writer and kicked into high gear my experience working on others' feature-length films, deepening my command of digital video equipment, filming and lighting techniques.

I had a great time but realized after a while that working around the clock was not giving me the time to focus on my true passion: writing.

Since resigning, I finished co-writing a screenplay, about which I'll discuss in a future post.

I also put more time and energy into my blog Male Models Vintage Beefcake and was pleased when that extra effort was rewarded with it being featured in January, 2011 in Bradford Shellhammer's post on the Sundance Channel's website.

And I started this blog.

Among other projects, I am excited to wrap a video interview I'm doing with a very, very (oh, very) minor celebrity and to start working on a short horror film I'm breaking into 3-minute segments.

Both projects I'll post here when they are completed.

I'm also interested in working as a freelancer – You can reach me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment